In this episode of the Influence Podcast, senior editor John Davidson talks to Mike Santiago about the whys and hows of giving feedback — both positive and negative — to the leadership team at your church.
Santiago is pastor of Focus Church as well as a member of the Church Multiplication Network’s Field-Based Team, coordinating training for church planters in the Assemblies of God (USA). You can connect with him on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. His handle is @CheckTheMike.
Episode 134 Notes
- 00:00 Introduction of podcast topic
- 00:29 Mega Sports Camp sponsor ad
- 01:07 Introduction of Mike Santiago
- 01:43 Why is it important to give quality feedback to your team?
- 02:42 Why are annual and quarterly employee reviews insufficient feedback?
- 04:10 When is the right time (or wrong time) to offer feedback?
- 06:45 How often should you deliver feedback to your team?
- 08:33 What’s the best method for delivering feedback, especially difficult feedback?
- 10:30 How does critical feedback help the person receiving it?
- 14:00 How should pastors receive feedback?
- 16:56 Conclusion