You can't lead anything without a vision of your preferred future. This includes leadership in the local church. But that vision must come out of discerning what God is saying to you as you lead.
In this episode of the Influence Podcast, Influence magazine senior editor John Davidson talks to Jeff Leake about the difference between vision and faith, as well as how they work together.
Leake is pastor of Allison Park Church in Allison Park, Pennsylvania. He also provides leadership to Reach Northeast, a church-planting initiative in the northeast U.S., as well asa lead team member of the Church Multiplication Network.
You can follow Jeff Leake on Facebook and Twitter.
Episode 128 Notes
- 00:00 Introduction of podcast topic
- 00:26 Sponsor ad: Voyage by Kay Burnett
- 01:01 Welcome to Jeff Leake
- 01:30 The epiphany that vision and faith are different
- 03:32 What role does vision play in spiritual leadership?
- 05:17 Vision is based on imagination. Faith is based on hearing God's Word.
- 07:27 How do you know when what you're thinking is faith or vision?
- 10:37 What does faith do that vision cannot?
- 12:54 Does faith take us beyond what our vision can imagine?
- 16:22 How does the church-planting journey of Allison Park Church illustrate the interplay of faith and vision?
- 18:06 How do we know that vision is God's plan for a leader rather than a copycat phenomenon?
- 20:54 How vision and faith work together to accomplish God's plan?
- 21:45 Preview of CMN Conference, March 5-7, 2018 in Dallas, Texas
- 23:25 Conclusion