Josh Wellborn is the newly appointed director of National Youth Ministries for the Assemblies of God (AG). He comes to that position after two decades of ministry as a youth pastor and District Youth Director in the Michigan District of the Assemblies of God. You can follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
In this episode of the Influence Podcast, Josh talks to Influence magazine executive editor George P. Wood about what churches can do to reach and retain young people. His vision can be summarized in two words: relationship and discipleship.
Episode 131 Notes
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:55 Shattering the Stained Glass Ceiling sponsor ad
- 01:32 Josh Wellborn introduces himself and explains why he feels passionately about youth ministry
- 06:12 Statistically speaking, the AG is a young movement, with 31 percent of adherents under 18 years of age. How well are we resourcing that generation?
- 13:14 Can churches do more? And if so, what does more mean?
- 18:29 After Parkland, are we missing an opportunity to empower and deploy youth in leadership positions?
- 22:17 Three themes to emphasize in youth ministry: (1) better together, (2) missions and (3) leadership development
- 30:15 Conclusion